When you intend to play MMORPG for a certain period of time, there will be a moment that saving data is found to be essential such as some cases of emergency including the malfunction of your appliance(s) and the temporary deficit of public electronic supply. Sony provides a service called “PSPlus” in PlayStation, and you can subscribe to its Online Storage Service for backing up your data. There are 3 types of rate plan starting from £6.99 per month available. You can save 37.50% of the total value membership if subscribed for 12 months. In fact, this service allows you not only to save the data up to 10GB, but also to play monthly games with other players online.
However, some still prefer saving data on their own to depending on the company. Of course, PlayStation, the equipment itself, has the functionality of USB storage. You can find it in the main menu:
- Select “Settings” on the menu screen of the PlayStation that you starts up.
- Scroll down from there, you will find “Application Saved Data Management”, so select it.
- Next you have the option for “uploading” or “downloading”. The choice to back up to PSPlus or download data from PSPlus and the same choice as the former with your personal USB storage.
- To back up, select “Saved Data in System Storage”.
- Then, select “Copy to USB Storage Device” and press ENTER button.
- The copying process will start.
- When that is over, it’s done!
For example, when upgrading from PlayStation Slim to PlayStation Pro, moving from one to another, or inevitable change in any matter, you can download the saved data in your USB storage device to a new equipment. All you have to do is, go back to Step 3 (indicated above) and select “Saved Data on USB Storage Device”.